Account Executive - Software Sales
Department: Business Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $35,000 – $50,000 base + variable performance based incentives
Target Annual Compensation (based on achieving performance incentives): $100,000+
Campus Kaizen is seeking to add a motivated team member who is entrepreneurial minded, technology savvy and is ready for the fast-paced environment that comes with small business growth. This person will require a passion for working with people and a natural networker. Our ideal candidate is someone who will be motivated by increasing reward for continuously high performance.
We are looking to hire an Account Executive to join our growing company. This is a key position and a challenging opportunity for a sales professional who wants to make an impact and who will work closely with leadership to identify and build relationships with target accounts to generate new business. It’s a truly unique opportunity for someone ready for their next challenge, eager to make an impact in a dynamic startup company, and practice now the future of sales and marketing.
This Position will report directly to the CEO and Founder, Jay Sensi.
Campus Kaizen is a 100% Remote Company that believes in being productive in an environment that best supports your work style. We maintain an Unlimited Time off policy to promote strong work-life balance, and are committed to mentoring and providing you with the tools to exceed in your career. This is an opportunity to be a part of a strong, proven, growing brand that is quickly expanding both within and outside of the higher education industry.
Why this role matters
Outbound Sales initiates customer contact, educates customers and potential customers about Campus Kaizen products and services, qualifies leads, and works to close deals and create business. Outbound Sales drives customers to company products and services and helps Campus Kaizen grow. The Account Executive partners with cross-functional teams to develop customer engagement and selling strategies, applies logic and creativity to build customer relationships and works with customers to understand needs and expectations.
What you will do
- Outbound prospecting and lead qualification via email, phone, and other mediums as necessary
- Develop and Manage account pipeline through full end to end sales process
- Build solid relationships with prospects, existing customers, and industry professionals – earning loyalty and trust
- Leverage technology to support sales process (CRM, Marketing Automation Tools, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Social Media Channels)
- Occasionally travel to industry conferences and on campus engagements
- Assist in creating and distributing marketing materials via web, email, and print
- Develop and manage effective partner relationships
- Serve as first point of contact, educating customers about Campus Kaizen products and services and building a value proposition.
- Anticipate customer needs and concerns, maintain knowledge of their problems and issues.
- Execute assigned outbound calling, social, email and multilayered touch point campaigns to acquire qualified leads and drive new account acquisition.
- Maintain accurate and detailed lead, account, contact, opportunity, and sales activity records in CRM software.
- Collaborate with team members to determine and execute company strategic goals
Who you are
A BDR/SDR with a chip on your shoulder. You see yourself one day becoming a VP or Director of Sales. You live, sleep, breathe, and eat sales. You understand the benefits of building long-term relationships. You’re interested in every aspect of the sales pipeline. And long-term sales cycles are no sweat for you.
- Entrepreneurial – you are a self-starter and driven to succeed
- Confident – you believe in yourself to succeed no matter the challenge ahead
- Resourceful – you innovate and adapt to achieve your goals
- Competitive – you are tenacious and compete to win
- Structured – you are process-oriented
- Industrious– you are industrious because there’s no substitute for hard work
- Customer focused – your #1 priority is serving your customer’s needs
- Proactive – you take the initiative rather than waiting for guidance
- Coachable – you welcome feedback to support development and growth, and are willing to ask for help
- Energetic and positive – we are a positive, collaborative team and we like to hire positive team players
Ideal Competencies and Experience
- Strong outbound sales and account management skills
- Strong Lead Generation and Prospecting Experience
- Sales Experience in an industry with long sales cycles
- Experience in proposal and contract preparation, as well as contract negotiation
- Exceptional communication skills allowing you to connect with customers by email, phone, and in-person.
- Experience in presentations, demonstrations, and leading meetings with prospect stakeholders
- Ability to set, manage and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, confident, disciplined, and able to work independently with limited oversight
- Very organized and diligent in managing your day.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity
- Excellent time & project management skills
- Demonstrated curiosity in technology, higher education & social media.
- Experience using CRM software tools
- Must be flexible and available for approximately up to 20% travel to attend conferences, meetings, presentations, and events outside the office.
- Flexible to work weekends and/or extended work days, as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires: Constant sitting or standing, some walking around, and occasionally lifting no more than 20 lbs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Campus Kaizen LLC is committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or veteran status or any other legally protected group.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the following to email@example.com:
1. A Cover Letter that includes your favorite sales resource (a book, podcast, influencer, etc)
2. A Resume of previous experiences and Professional References